Monday, July 9, 2012

Chocolate & Cheese Danish

Good Morning!

I can't get over how easy these super chocolatey and perfectly flaky danishes are to make.  They seriously only take a few minutes to put together and taste just like they came from the bakery!  Perfect lil morning treat with coffee, enjoy!


Chocolate & Cheese Danish
adapted from:  Giada at Home

Ingredients:
1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup (2 ounces) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
2 (9-inch-square) sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, beaten

Directions:
Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

Filling: In a small bowl, mix together the cheeses, egg yolk, flour, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.

Cut each sheet of pastry into 4 equal-sized squares. Put 4 pastry squares on each prepared baking sheet. Spoon about 2 to 3 teaspoons of the filling into the center of each piece of pastry. Fold 1 corner of the pastry diagonally over the filling to within 1-inch of the opposite corner. Using a pastry brush, brush the folded-over section lightly with the beaten egg. Fold the opposite corner over the egg-brushed pastry to form an open-ended Danish.

Brush the pastry with beaten egg and bake until puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.



Pin It


Linking to:
504 Main

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum, Elena! These look like heaven! I wish I could pin this from my phone, but it won't let me. I'm going to show my sister your recipe, maybe we can make these while I'm visitng!

    Hope you're having a great week! Thanks for the great share!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - those look so good! I love my pastry:)

    Your blog is beautiful - new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look absolutely heavenly! Chocolate and cream cream = heaven to me. Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete