Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Roasted Rosemary Chickpeas

So excited to share our new favorite "healthy" snack!   You won't believe how  easy and super tasty these lil beans are! 


Roasted Rosemary Chickpeas
adapted from:  Tasty Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus an extra pinch for after roasting
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse and drain chickpeas. With a paper towel, pat dry the chickpeas. Not to worry if some of the skins come off.



In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, sea salt, and rosemary.  Add chickpeas to the bowl and toss to coat.



 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the chickpeas evenly on the pan.  Place in the oven and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until golden brown and crispy.



Sprinkle a pinch of salt and enjoy!


Pin It

Linking to:
504 Main

5 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I didn't have any canned chickpeas so I am soaking some dried ones right now. I am going to make some this afternoon. Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe on tipjunkie. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to roast some chickpeas this weekend, my first time! I plan on throwing them in a salad! YUM! Thanks for the great share! Hope you have a fun weekend, Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet commment on my blog.

    This recipe looks wonderful. They would be good in a salad.

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING this! What a cool idea and is sounds so tasty!

    ReplyDelete